Today I have an interview with Kristine of & Everything Nice. Kristine and I have been internet friends for many years now (think Myspace age), and have continued to stay in touch through various means of social networking. I really adore Kristine's style (and her art as well), and I'm really excited to post this interview. Enjoy!
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself.
My name is Kristine and I run the blog & Everything Nice. I'd like to think of myself as a glass half full kind of girl, unless what's in the glass is disgusting, the I'd like to think of it as half empty. I'm 22 years young and am halfway through my senior year at Indiana University. I'm majoring in Spanish and Ethnomusicology (world music & culture). I've always been fascinated with languages. I wish I could learn them all. I've been taking Spanish since middle school and just started French. I have a constant craving to travel, which is one reason why languages and world cultures are so important to me. I've always been incredibly interested in fashion, especially vintage clothing. I work at a boutique/thrift store called Cactus Flower when I'm not at school or traveling. I work with some of my best friends and get a good chunk of my clothing there. I have no idea what I'm going to do after I graduate (besides move out of Indiana), but I'm definitely excited to start a new chapter of my life. I love adventure.
2. What got you interested in blogging, and how long have you been blogging for?
I've been interested in blogging since I discovered the internet. I'm still amazed with the fact that people can share their thoughts and express themselves through this medium. I started blogging in middle school, but it was a lot different than what I do now. I used to blog solely to write, but it just wasn't enough for me. I had too many other things that I loved and I needed to be able to share them too. I put a whole lot of love into my blog and get a lot of inspiration from other people that really put themselves into their blogs too. It's a beautiful thing!
3. Can you tell us a little bit about your style?
Hm, I feel like my style is all over the place! I adore vintage styles and wear clothing anywhere from the 1940s up until now. I also really love to mix today's styles with more vintage looks. Lately I've been wearing thigh high socks, boots, vintage dresses, and cardigans.
4. What does your daily routine look like?
After hitting the snooze button on my alarm a half a dozen times, I make myself tea or coffee (anything with caffeine) and either head to work or class. On campus, I usually catch up on my favorite blogs or pleasure read in between my classes. In the evenings I almost always grab dinner with my best friends and Skype with my boyfriend if our timezones aren't too mixed up.
5. What are your favorite trends for fall? I'm in love with thigh-high and knee-high socks. I've been wearing them a lot because it's started to cool down a lot here. I'm also really into red lipstick and anything navy, olive green, or black. I wear my lace-up black boots or my brown Clarks desert boots everyday.
6. When you're at school or blogging, what can you be found doing? When I'm at school, I'm usually rushing around trying to get everything ready for my classes and in-between all of that, I'm usually blogging in the lab, at a coffee shop, or at home. Other than that, I'm usually working (which I love) or with my close friends thrifting, eating, or being completely spontaneous.
7. With regards to fashion, what do you draw inspiration from?
8. If you had to pick one outfit to wear the rest of your life, what would it look like?
I could sit and think about this question for hours, but I'm not going to let myself do that, haha! I would probably wear some rolled up skinny jeans, my Clarks desert boots, and a comfy sweater or cardigan. If I had to be in it forever, it better be comfortable and cute at the same time!
9. What does your boyfriend, family, and friends think about your blog?
It means a lot to me that those close to me love what I do, and my boyfriend, family, and friends are all incredibly supportive. My mom, dad, and brother all have my blog bookmarked! It makes me feel pretty loved. My boyfriend Matt looks at it too, which makes me smile because he's insanely busy on tour. I make my way out to him when I can and it works out well because I love to travel and I love his music (Local Natives). My friends are great! We all read each others' blogs, which is something fun to have in common.
10. Do you have any advice to aspiring fashion bloggers? What about someone simply interested in blogging, but really doesn't know where to start? For all of those people that say "I've thought about starting a blog, but have no idea what I'd write about," put what you love on your blog! The possibilities are endless. There really aren't any creative boundaries when it comes to blogging and you don't have to stick with just one genre or idea. Start blogging about something you love and I'm sure someone else out there could learn something new from you. That's why I love it! I love making new friends and blogging is a good way to do that. I love receiving e-mails and just learning more about other people. Come visit my blog, & Everything Nice and say hello!
Thank you so much for doing this interview with me Kristine! I hope everyone checks out