1. Tell us a little bit about yourself.
-My name is Eleanor, I’m a 19 year old university student and style blogger living in New Zealand!
2. What got you interested in blogging, and how long have you been blogging for?
-In early 2010 I was already following some food and lifestyle blogs, but didn’t become interested in blogging myself until I came across personal style blogs! I was so happy to see young women like me, with real budgets like mine, dressing amazingly and sharing it with the world in their outfit posts. I thought it looked like a lot of fun and decided to give it a go! I started Bonjour, Bbydoll in May of last year so have been blogging for around 8 months now.
3. Can you tell us about your style?
-My style is pretty simple, but I would definitely describe it as girly with a twist.
4. You seem to have a great love for floral pieces and feminine wear. What seems to draw you to these pieces?
-I do love floral, particularly floral dresses, and I love clothes with a feminine silhouette. As for what draws me to these pieces – I’m not really sure! I guess I’ve found what works for me and I know what I love so I’m sticking to it!
5. What are your favorite trends for summer (ya know, because it's summer in New Zealand currently)?
-At the moment I really love the summery nautical look and I’ve tried to embrace that by adding more stripes to my wardrobe! I also love all the pretty antique lace/crochet details that have been showing up on so many clothes here in New Zealand.
6. When you're not busy blogging, what can you be found doing?
-When I’m not blogging, I’m most likely baking, spending time with my boyfriend, riding my bike or reading! I’m a complete homebody but I do love going out to cafes or to see a movie. I’m on summer break at the moment but when I’m back at university in the autumn/winter months, most of my time is taken up with classes and a lot of reading for my English major!
7. With regards to fashion, what do you draw inspiration from?
-Most of my inspiration these days comes from style bloggers (of course), but I often look to magazines like Frankie and Nylon for general style inspiration. I’m also inspired by amazingly dressed girls I see in real life in the street!
8. If you had to pick one outfit to wear the rest of your life, what would it look like?
-Oh, that’s easy! A floral dress (obviously), tights and a chunky knit cardigan, and lace up boots!
9. I've read about you purchasing many items online from US and UK stores. Is this where you purchase most of your clothing, or are there stores in your area that you like to buy from?
-I would say I purchase nearly half of my clothes online. I love the convenience of online shopping and the wider range of clothes available in the US and UK, particularly from stores like Topshop and Urban Outfitters. (Getting parcels in the mail is really fun, too!) That said, there are certainly stores that I love shopping in here in New Zealand! My favourite places to shop here are Wild Pair and Country Road, and my town has a few really cute independent boutiques I love to buy from too.
10. Do you have any advice for aspiring fashion bloggers? What about someone that is new to blogging?
-For people new to blogging, or all aspiring fashion bloggers for that matter, the best advice I have is to just get involved in the blogging community! Comment on other peoples blogs, put yourself out there – and if you really love somebody’s blog, email them and tell them! This is how I made some of my best friends in blogging. It’s also important to blog because you love it not for a huge follower count, or for sponsorships - and to stay true to your style!
Thank you so much for doing the interview with me Eleanor! Don't forget to check out Bonjor, Bbydoll for some cute outfit inspiration and a glimpse into summer life.