Happy Friday, sweet friends! Since arriving back home from South Dakota I've truly been in an autumn state of mind! With the season officially here (and one that always seems to go by way too fast), I thought it would be fun to share 10 of my favorite things to do this autumn with the hopes that it will get your own creative ideas flowing and excited for this beautiful season we're in. Without further ado --
1. Go apple picking and use the apples to make something delicious! May I suggest some cinnamon maple applesauce or apple butter? Amanda at the Homesong Blog has got you covered with a couple of her own easy recipes!
2. Take a road trip to see the changing leaves! If you're local to Arizona, the 89A from Sedona to Flagstaff is a beautiful, colored-filled drive this time of year!
3. Bake a pumpkin cheesecake! Scott's birthday is at the end of October, and every year (almost) for the last 11 years I've baked him a cheesecake to celebrate his big day! Oftentimes I will make a plain cheesecake and top it with a homemade raspberry sauce, but pumpkin is always a favorite around here.
4. Refresh your home for fall! A few mini pumpkins, cozy blankets and orange colored lights can go a long way when it comes to giving your home that extra cozy touch - so why not dress it up a bit for autumn and the holiday head -- ghosts and ghouls welcome! Need some inspiration? Check out our autumn home decor refresh from last year!
5. Carve, paint or decorate pumpkins! Whether you have little ones or not, having a little pumpkin fun is always a good idea during the fall season. I personally love to carve pumpkins, but have also really enjoyed painting them over the years. If you're in need of a little inspiration, ABM has you covered!
6. Visit a pumpkin patch with your loved ones! With living in the desert, pumpkin patches can be few and far between - but driving out to Schnepf Farms has always been worth it for us! Pumpkins, chili, treats, corn mazes, hayrides and more!
7. Host a harvest party for your family and friends! I've been wanting to have a little get together in our home, and this sounds like the perfect excuse -- caramel apples, kettle corn, and pumpkin chili will be included, of course!
8. Find the perfect sweater for the season! Hunting for the perfect sweater is a hobby of mine and something I look forward to every year. Right now I'm loving this one from Madewell, but also have my eye on this Sezane beauty!
9. Make an autumn playlist! Owen, Cursive, The Early November, American Football -- just a few of my favorite bands with those fall vibes throughout their albums and lyrics. Let me know who you would include on your autumn playlist!
10. Make your own costume for Halloween! Homemade costumes will never not feel special, so make your own this year and get creative with it! ;)
Happy Autumn, friends! I hope ya'll have an amazing weekend!